[OT] Draft for a complementary international keyboard layout (ISO/IEC 9995-3)

From: Karl Pentzlin (karl-pentzlin@acssoft.de)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 03:58:17 CST

    As a member of DIN NA 043-01-35-01 GAK, a German group
    related to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35/WG 1, I am concerned with the
    ISO/IEC 9995 standard, Keyboard layouts for text and office systems.

    I have compiled an early draft for a possible new version of
    ISO/IEC 9995-3 (Keyboard layouts for text and office systems – Part 3:
    Complementary layouts of the alphanumeric zone of the alphanumeric
    section).
    This work may eventually become an official German position.

    This draft (which is still "work in progress") is found at:
    http://www.europatastatur.de/material/ISO-IEC-9995-3-alternative-draft-3.pdf

    All comments are welcome.

    One of the goals of the work is to enable the input of the characters
    of all current languages which use the Latin script.
    Thus, references to characters missing in the draft are appreciated
    especially.

    - Karl Pentzlin