Re: Entering Unicode

From: Raymond Mercier (rm459@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2008 - 15:21:43 CST

    Ann-Marie writes
    > I've seen different codes: 112, 113 and 114. I could figure out which one
    > will give me what I want, if I could end up with anything on the screen.
    >
    > I've read instructions that tell me to hold down Control-Shift and enter
    > 112, 113 or 114. Nothing happens.

    It is easy if you are writing in Word:
    113 + Ctrl-X will give you ē (=U+0113).
    112 + Ctrl-X gives Ē, and 114 + Ctrl-X gives Ĕ.

    But if you are not using Word there is no easy rule, and you would need a
    suitable keyboard layout. For that see
    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx.

    Raymond Mercier