Re: VS: A currency sign for the Rubel?

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 05:17:29 CST

    At 13:02 +0200 2008-03-27, Erkki I. Kolehmainen wrote:
    >Michael, we most certainly don't want to repeat the mess with the Euro
    >Currency Sign.

    That is entirely unrelated to this, however. Here we are seeing a
    grass-roots usage of a RUBLE SIGN.

    It would be problematic were the Central Bank of Russia (Central'nyj
    bank Rossijskoj Federacii) to choose a different design from what
    people are actually using.

    But the EURO-CURRENCY SIGN is a different problem entirely.