Re: Entering Unicode

From: Tom (applemeister@f2s.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 06:16:25 CST

    Now it's my turn to feel like an idiot!

    I accidentally thought that you were sending this to the Macintosh
    Java development thread. The escape code I talked about earlier is for
    displaying Unicode characters in a Java program!

    If you're using a Windows based machine, then my advice would be to
    consult the Character Map accessory, or use the methods suggested by
    others.

    If, on the other hand, you are using a Mac then there are two
    different ways to go about it:

    1. Select the "Special Characters..." item from the Edit menu (or hold
    down Command-Option-T); this will bring up the Character Palette from
    which you can locate the character (it's held in the "Latin" glyph
    block). Getting it in your document is as simple as double-clicking on
    the character from the table.

    2. From the input menu (this will be the menu with a flag in the top
    right-hand corner of the menu bar) select the Unicode Hex Input item.
    If it isn't available, you'll need to select "Open International...",
    and scroll down until you find "Unicode Hex Input".

    Once Unicode Hex Input is the active input method, simply hold down
    the Option key and type the character's code.

    So Option-0113 will produce ē
    An Apple a day keeps Microsoft away

    Second Lt. Applemeister of the 68k Macintosh Liberation Army