Re: Using combining diacritical marks and non-zero joiners in a name

From: Andreas Prilop (prilop2008@trashmail.net)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2008 - 11:55:00 CDT

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Otto Stolz wrote:

    > Not so, in my installation, cf. attachments. I have
    > set the proportional, serif font to Lucida Console (in spite
    > of LC being a fixed-pitch font) to take these screen shots.

    Thank you very much for your screen shots!

    Now compare carefully Internet Explorer
    http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2008-m04/att-0098/02-Prilop-IE7-LC.png

    with Firefox
    http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2008-m04/att-0098/01-Prilop-Firefox-LC.png

    Internet Explorer shows two identical À and two identical à

       À = À   à = à

    but Firefox does not.

    That was my point.