Re: Zhuang tones three and four

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 12:18:49 CDT

Quoting Asmus Freytag <asmusf@ix.netcom.com>:

> On 4/30/2008 8:17 AM, vunzndi@vfemail.net wrote:
>> Quoting Michael Everson <everson@evertype.com>:

>>> Are there any?
>>
>> There are some:)
>>
>> For example, :-
>>
>> de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuang_(Sprache)
>>
> This kind of issue crops up so regularly I'm ready to suggest the
> following "law":
>
> "There are always more documents that use certain encoded characters
> than character coding mavens are ready to imagine"

As one of the five official languages of China - all new national laws
and the constitution are translated into Zhuang. Presumedly before
1986, this was in the script refered to above and there are digital
versions of these.

That the script was widely used - the amount of digital data is unkown
to me. The newer script uses the letters of the English alphabete, to
make it easy to input.

John

> A./

This message sent through Virus Free Email
http://www.vfemail.net