Re: Stateful?

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Tue May 27 2008 - 02:48:16 CDT

    -On [20080527 09:10], Russ Stygall (rstygall@waitrose.com) wrote:
    >Could any of the users of the word "stateful" tell me what they mean by the
    >word, and could they then put an entry into Wikipedia for everyone else?

    Basically something that is stateful means that that something has the
    capabilities of maintaining the state.

    Say you have defined an stateful object that object can tell you about its
    datatype, probably memory use, and so on. Of course, this all depends on
    what is defined to be the 'state'.

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    My greatest fear... Is that all my Memories will be lost... Like
    tears, in the rain...