Re: A font question

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 18:56:20 CDT

    Quoting Crwth <crythau@gmail.com>:

    > All the previous being said, there are the code2000/code2001/code2002 fonts
    > which attempt to provide numerous glyph sets, including the Ethiopic you
    > mention, so it might satisfy your needs.
    >
    > http://www.code2000.net/

    code2000.ttf is even more impressive when one remembers it is produced
    by James Kass working on his own. Both code2000 and code2001 offer
    good coverage.

    For plane 2 many people use HannomB.ttf, which is adequate for now (
    but not after Extension C comes on line).

    The 65536 limit for TTF fonts is not as big a problem as it sounds -
    since even text editors in general now allow for sevearl fonts to be
    treated as if they are one font. This is often done a OS level - eg
    fallback fonts for Windows, fontconfig for Linux. Therefore inpratice
    one can easily go over the 65536 mark.

    John Knightley

    > --
    > Wayne
    >

    > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Peter Zilahy Ingerman, PhD <
    > pzi@ingerman.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Magda Danish was kind enough to suggest that perhaps this list could
    >> answer a question.
    >>
    >> I am looking for a *single* TTF font that includes all of the glyphs in
    >> the UNICODE 5.0 (perhaps 5.1?) book.
    >>
    >> I have found the Doulos SIL font, but it appears to be missing, for
    >> example, the Ethiopic characters, among several others.
    >>
    >> I am dealing with a rather peculiar application whose implementation would
    >> be much simplified if such a single font were available.
    >>
    >> Suggestions, pointers, references and the like will be most welcome!
    >>
    >> Peter

    This message sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net