Bidirectional angle quotation mark?

From: Leo Broukhis (
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 13:41:49 CDT

  • Next message: André Szabolcs Szelp: "Re: Bidirectional angle quotation mark?"

    Here's a scan from a Russian book published in 1819.

    The same quotation mark character is used to open and to close quotes;
    I could not find a Unicode equivalent for it.
    What should it be? A bidirectional guillemet? A wavy double solidus?

    Also note the weird lowercase T; I wonder when they switched to the modern form?




    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Mon Jun 09 2008 - 13:46:19 CDT