RE: how to add all latin (and greek) subscripts

From: Phillips, Addison (addison@amazon.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2008 - 12:15:55 CDT

    Hi,

    The super and subscript characters in Unicode are nearly all compatibility characters, included solely for compatibility with existing legacy (non-Unicode) character sets and encodings. The way to do super and subscripts (and other fancy things with text necessary for formulas) is via markup. For markup specific to mathematics, you might start with the MathML specs and related materials here:

      http://www.w3.org/Math/

    Best Regards,

    Addison

    Addison Phillips