Improved content on the Unicode website

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 12:53:31 CDT

    The Unicode Consortium is pleased to announce a series of new and improved content on our web site.

    We have a new section on Unicode terminology, accessible from http://www.unicode.org/terminology/about_term.html.
    The pages list important terminology from the Unicode Standard and related specifications, and provide suggested translations of that terminology in various languages. Currently, French and Japanese translations are available. Additional languages are planned for the future.

    In addition, we have added two new related FAQs. The Guide to Abbreviations in Standards, http://www.unicode.org/faq/alpha_soup.html, lists abbreviations and acronyms used by other standards developing organizations, while the FAQ on Standards Developing Organizations, http://www.unicode.org/faq/sdos.html, answers basic questions about those organizations.

    Another new FAQ deals with named entities and Unicode named character sequences: http://www.unicode.org/faq/named_sequences.html.

    The Unicode enabled products and useful resources pages have also been reorganized for easier access. A new landing page at http://www.unicode.org/resources/ lists nearly 20 categories for products and resources. Visitors are invited to browse these categories and notify us directly if a product is missing or misplaced.