Re: open source CJK ext A, B fonts

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Tue Aug 12 2008 - 09:22:20 CDT

    Quoting Christoph Burgmer <cburgmer@ira.uka.de>:

    > Hi list,
    >
    > Am Tuesday, 5. August 2008 schrieb vunzndi@vfemail.net:
    >> The most opensource cjk fonts are ukai.ttf and uming.ttf see
    >> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/CJKUnifonts .
    >
    > While we are at it: which open source fonts are targeted on which locales? I
    > quite often stumble upon Japanese glyphs though wishing for others. I can't
    > say I found a font that was explicitly created for one writing
    > system in mind.

    The long term aim of the above font is to include different locales in
    it, and therefore the latest release is ~ttc which allows for
    differennt glyphs to displaay for each locale. The present version has
    mainly mainland and Taiwan variants.

    The challenge regarding cjkv fonts is the number of glyphs required,
    20 or 30 thousand being beaerly enough to cover the basics.

    John Knightley

    > Christoph Burgmer

    This message sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net