Re: Accents of the same combining class displayed side by side

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 15:33:20 CST

    On 6 Nov 2008, at 21:24, Asmus Freytag wrote:

    > I claim that side by side is common for tall narrow accents, but
    > uncommon for flat wide ones. Is that the difference?

    No. Teuthonista usually stacks. For instance, diaeresis atop
    diaeresis. Same as UPA. There are also side-by-side accents, like
    Circumflex and Acute (if I recall correctly; Karl can correct this).
    And in UPA, you find circumflex and acute stacking as normal. So it is
    quite possible that citations of both forms in the same document could
    be required.