HKSCS supplementary examples

From: tex (textexin@xencraft.com)
Date: Sun Nov 30 2008 - 23:56:29 CST

(second try, not sure why the first was messed up)

Hi,

My understanding is that some of the HKSCS characters in the supplementary plane are needed for addresses (street names) or certain individual names in HK.

Can someone identify for me some street names, or for that matter any addresses or a current or past historic figures that make use of characters from the supplementary plane?

In motivating (business) people to support 4-byte utf-8 or full utf-16, it would be helpful to have some concrete (business) examples to point to.

It would be great to point at a map and show some locations that use/require supplementary characters…
Tex