Re: UAX #15 Unicode Normalization Forms, D4 Primary Combined

From: Mike (mike-list@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2008 - 21:44:49 CST

> Implementing Unicode normalization from scratch is not for
> the faint of heart. ;-) My advice, if possible, is simply to
> rely on an established and debugged API provided for
> Unicode normalization, out of an existing library....

I definitely recommend implementing normalization yourself
if you have the time and patience. You will learn a LOT
about the Unicode standard, much more than if you merely
invoke someone else's routine. Even if you throw it away
in the end due to performance or other issues, you will
come away with valuable knowledge.

Mike