Re: Emoji: emoticons vs. literacy

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2009 - 17:20:46 CST

    James Kass wrote:
    > Thank you for noting this, Rick.
    > By the way, you posted this note to Unicode
    Uh, duh, yeah, I did. Ha! Sorry about that.

    It's becoming a logistical problem for me that this emoji discussion is
    happening on four different semi-overlapping mail lists to which I'm
    subscribed, and who knows how many more elsewhere.

    (Oh, and in case it isn't clear, I'll clarify this here again: unless I
    specifically identify my notes as being official, nothing I write here
    represents any policies or opinions of the consortium. Everything I say
    is only my own opinion.)

        Rick