Re: Emoji: emoticons vs. literacy

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 19:53:07 CST

    > > I'll venture a wild guess: 32 (U+1F300..U+1F4FF).
    > >
    > > Wanna bet?
    >
    > The URL above wants them to spread to U+1F2XX and U+1F5XX.

    The stuff in U+1F2XX is part of an already existing block
    of squared ideographic symbols, so that isn't part of
    anything being newly encoded.

    But yeah, we will need to see how the actual allocation
    works out, but given the current proposal's suggestions,
    instead of a wild guess, how about a precise guess:

    36 U+1F300..U+1F53F

    --Ken