Re: Emoji: emoticons vs. literacy

From: Dominikus Scherkl (lyratelle@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2009 - 04:47:09 CST

    Kenneth Whistler schrieb:
    > As for the particulars, I guess nobody has been paying attention
    > to what I've said about the ten FLAG SYMBOL XX characters
    > (e-4E5..e-4EE). They are not symbols of countries, nor are
    Yes they are.
    And I think they should be banned from encoding like any other logo.
    Because they are logos, property of some legal entities (in this
    case countries, but that makes it not better, or worse, as
    countries may punish misuse of these logos - like it's forbidden
    to burn the US flag).

    If for no other reason (like color or like open a can of worms),
    the flag symbols should be treated like logos, for legal reasons.

    Best regards,

    --
    Dominikus Scherkl