Re: Encoding corporate logos by paid request

From: Dominikus Scherkl (lyratelle@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 09:16:09 CST

    ktadenev@ups.com schrieb:
    > Corporate logos are created, changed and deprecated all the time.
    > They are far more dynamic in nature than language or science related
    > glyphs. Languages die fairly infrequently, corporate logos change
    > their appearance or die often...
    So what?
    They paid for it, so it's not unicodes problem if the symbol isn't used
    anymore. Maybe they won't change their logo if they deem it to expensive
    to buy another charakter.

    More of a problem is: even a whole plain will be buyed out rather soon,
    so we would need a policy (auktion?) ig there are more requests than
    remaining code points...

    Best regards,

    --
    Dominikus Scherkl