RE: Hyphen

From: Phillips, Addison (addison@amazon.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2009 - 13:56:35 CST

    Dang. I should have taken the screen shot yesterday.

    Now neither U+2010 nor U+2011 generates a break. Only hyphen-minus and SHY do. The same test yesterday produced different results for me. It may have something to do with how I entered the code points: I use the Chinese Unicode IME when I want to poke in a specific code point. But I did that this morning [and setting document language to Chinese doesn't seem to change the hyphenation handling].

    Same computer using Word 2007. See http://www.inter-locale.com/images/word-breaking.jpg

    Addison Phillips
    Globalization Architect -- Lab126

    Internationalization is not a feature.