Re: Braille, CJK and unicode

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2009 - 16:28:13 CST

    -On [20090131 23:18], Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org) wrote:
    >Is there some standard that would provide us with a localized description
    >of each character?

    Wouldn't you run into problems with, say, Japanese already due to the fact
    that Japanese kanji can be pronounced either with their onyomi or kunyomi
    part. And in compounds this can go any way, including a mixture of onyomi
    and kunyomi.
    So just standalone parsing of the kanji would not help much I think. But I
    will state I know nothing of how Japanese braille readers work.

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust...