uppercase and lowercase numbers

From: John (Eljay) Love-Jensen (eljay@adobe.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 11:59:23 CST

    Hi everyone,

    Are U+00030 through U+00039 uppercase or lowercase numbers? Or neither / unspecified?

    If uppercase, are there lowercase number codepoints?

    If lowercase, are there uppercase number codepoints?

    If neither / unspecified, are there other ranges intended for uppercase number and lowercase number codepoints? Even if it is the private use area.

    I gave the glyphs in the Unicode specification a browse, and did not see whether-or-not there were such ranges. Maybe I missed it. Hence, this message.

    Examples of uppercase and lowercase numbers:
    http://www.adobe.com/type/topics/info5.html

    Thanks,
    --Eljay