Re: Draft proposal for inclusion of the Chinook script in Unicode

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2009 - 13:12:29 CST

    On 2/12/2009 3:55 AM, Michael Everson wrote:
    > This script invites a rather complex and detailed discussion, likely
    > too detailed for this general list. I've created a discussion list on
    > my own server for focussed discussion, and subscribed those who've
    > already expressed an interest.

    You are probably right, but before this disappears into a more private
    corner, I'd like to call attention to the fact that the proposal makes
    use of Variation Selectors as well as ZWJ/ZWNJ.

    This should put this script discussion on the radar screen of anyone
    interested in making sure that the use of unusual encoding strategies is
    strictly limited to what cannot be handled any other way.

    A./

    PS: sign me up.