Re: Numbers in Marathi

From: Nitin Nimkar (nvncom@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2009 - 01:25:11 CST

    Dear Tex, Thank you very much for taking time to respond. I am using PHP 5 and MySQL 5 Regards, Nitin ________________________________ From: Tex Texin <textexin@xencraft.com> To: Nitin Nimkar <nvncom@yahoo.com>; unicode@unicode.org Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 12:35:41 PM Subject: RE: Numbers in Marathi You donąt say which version of php you are using, which can make a difference as support for locales is relatively new in php. The place to start with PHP support would be the PHP Unicode and internationalization mail list. You can find pointers to the archive and mailing list here: http://www.php.net/mailing-lists.php tex From:unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org] On Behalf Of Nitin Nimkar Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:20 PM To: unicode@unicode.org Subject: Numbers in Marathi Dear Sir, Marathi is a Unicode compliant language. However, when we type Numbers in this language they appear in Roman in some programs like Notepad on Widnows, while in some they appear in Marathi. If we are programming in PHP, for example for date, then input given in Marathi numbers like 09/15/2009 or 15/09/2009 is not validated, however if we give the same date in Roman, it is validated without any change in the program. By this I infer that Marathi Numbers are not recognized as numbers. Marathi Numbers appear in UNICODE table from 0966 to 096F How to solve this problem. Regards, Nitin Nimkar