Re: Amusing use of Unicode

From: Leo Broukhis (leob@mailcom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 13 2009 - 01:32:31 CST

    On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Leo Broukhis <leob@mailcom.com> wrote:
    >> Firefox 3.0.7 refuses to open the URL
    >
    > My Firefox 3.0.7 on Ubuntu 8.10 shows it with no special settings. I
    > can't click to open it in Google Mail, however. What OS are you using?

    WinXP; I used to get

    Firefox can't find the server at www.➡.ws.

    in FF when it worked in IE; now it works in FF too.

    Oh, I know why: I entered the URL first, got the error message, then
    remembered that I've disabled IDN, and went and enabled it, but I
    guess the [faked due to disabled IDN] negative DNS response was not
    purged until it expired (5-10 minutes?)

    Sorry for the confusion,

    Leo