RE: Attack vectors through Unassigned Code Points in IDN

From: Shawn Steele (???) (Shawn.Steele@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Mar 18 2009 - 13:16:03 CST

    Its kind of a personal perspective as to whether lookup of unassigned code points is good behavior or not. My opinion (rather obviously) is that the unknowns aren't worth the risk considering we'll service the APIs when necessary.

    I figure with Windows Update, for consumers of my APIs they'll get updated in a reasonable time (assuming the IETF "we" ever make any progress on IDNA"2008" ;) Some people turn off WU, but that's a different problem.

    Not sure this is a Unicode thread though :)

    - Shawn