RE: Does OpenOffice 3.0 handle unicode?

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sat Mar 21 2009 - 13:55:30 CST

    I used the term volontarly with a "quite" just before to moderate it. But It
    would not have just replied like this without giving more information or
    places to look for. Yes, the question was provocative, and the author
    admitted it himself explicitly. The term is not so much irritating, it just
    means that there's some confusion and lack of information, and that the
    question was most probably incorrectly formulated to get precise responses
    that match his problem.

    He has precised his problem only in his later response. Before that all we
    could do was trying to guess or indicating him that what he said was not
    working on his system was not as universal as what he said. Yes all systems
    have limitations in their implementation, all of them are unfinished or will
    exhibit unfinished or incoherent behavior at some time, because the
    specifications themselves (including Unicode) are not terminated and fully
    molded in bronze.

    That's why it's essential, when someone has a problem, to be more precise
    when asking a question, before taking conclusions directly in his question:
    he has still not specified his context of use, something that ANY support
    service would ask for. And also, this list is probably not the best place to
    ask for OpenOffice support, when OpenOffice comes with a dedicated online
    support forum with good visibility directly in his help menu !