Re: [Emoji] Symbols for Two-letter Codes

From: Johannes Bergerhausen (johannes@bergerhausen.com)
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 09:51:03 CDT

    Am 13.04.2009 um 17:40 schrieb Michael Everson:

    > On 13 Apr 2009, at 15:27, Peter Constable wrote:
    >
    >>> Mark's comment was relevant only if it is assumed that these
    >>> *would* be used in cell phones in the US.
    >
    > They're on my iPhone here in Europe.

    The software iEmoji from SpiceLoop is currently (today) at number 13
    in the »Top Twenty« of the Apps sold via the AppStore for the iPhone
    by Apple, sold for 0,79 € here in Germany.

    There are already hundreds of thousand users outside of Asia.
    People love to use symbols.

    There will be millions of users.
    Apple alone sold more than 30 million iPhones and iPod touchs
    in 18 months.

    Johannes Bergerhausen