Re: Chinese forced to change their name hanzi

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 06:23:37 CDT

    -On [20090421 13:19], Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com) wrote:
    >The character in question is actually 𩧢 (U+299E2). See:
    >
    ><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naming_laws_in_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China#Ma_Cheng>

    Thanks Andrew, you're, of course, correct.

    The dictionary online that I used didn't show this entry for cheng, plus
    what it showed looked dubious in my browser, which also made me doubt my
    fonts. Thanks for clarifying that!

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    If you are not happy here and now, you never will be...