Re: Which Character sets to support for kazakh cyrillic alphabet ?

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Tue Apr 28 2009 - 17:22:58 CDT

    Ankur Mathur asked:

    > I need to implement support for Kazakh cyrillic alphabet.

    > - CT PK 1048—2002 for Windows (a modification of code page 1251)
    >
    > Now I couldn't find any more detail online about these two character sets.
    > Please help me know, which all char sets should I support for this alphabet.
    > And if the above char sets are the standard ones, where can I find their
    > mapping tables (with unicode code points) ?

    FYI, to supplement Mark Leisher's posting of the conversion table
    for CT PK 1048 2002, I've also made my own mapping table
    for KZ1048 available on the Unicode website:

    http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MISC/KZ1048.TXT

    I've checked, and the contents match Mark Leisher's mapping
    table for KZ1048, with the exception of our differing handling
    of the undefined code point 0x98 in KZ1048. Mark's table
    maps that to U+FFFD, and my table leaves it unmapped.

    --Ken