Re: Bidi demo

From: Mark Davis (mark.edward.davis@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 28 2009 - 22:43:44 CDT

    Mark

    On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:42, Andreas Prilop <
    andreasprilopwww@trashmail.net> wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Mark Davis wrote:
    >
    > > I posted a bidi demo at http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/bidi.jsp
    >
    > I wonder what the Arabic string
    >
    > mark°
    >
    > should mean. Perhaps you mean
    >
    > mar°k

    I didn't actually have a real word in mind; just put in my name and tossed
    on a combining mark. For Arab speakers out there, what would the name Mark
    be with full diacritic marks?

    > > The default sample is chosen to invoke most of the rules.
    > > Comments are welcome.
    >
    > Write "3.1%" with Arabic-Indic digits and Arabic percent sign.

    That wouldn't add new rules. But you're also free to change the examples as
    you want, and if there is a combination that triggers different kinds of
    rules that would be useful.