Re: Rendering of Candrabindhu & Visarga Dual Combination in Indic Scripts

From: Vinodh Rajan (vinodh.vinodh@gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 14:12:11 CDT

    Yeah. Sanskrit 2003 font has the Repha with Vocalic R glyph for रृ

    For the other fonts, I tried forcing the display of the Repha - Vocal R
    combination with:

     <RA> + <VIRAMA> + <ZWJ> + <VOCALIC R>.

    But all devanagari fonts in my PC (Mangal, Arial Unicode MS, Sanskrit 2003,
    e-NagariOT) produce the glyph of Marathi Eyelash Ra instead of the Repha for
    the <RA> + <VIRAMA> + <ZWJ> combination.

    Isn't Marathi Eyelash Ra actually defined as <RRA> + <VIRAMA> ?

    If, <RA> + <VIRAMA> + <ZWJ> => Eyelash Ra

    How to the force the display of the Combing Repha then ? Similar to the
    combining forms of other consonants like ज्‍ , म्‍ etc ?

    --
    Namō Buddhāya Namō Dharmāya Namaḥ Saṅghāya
    yo dharmaṁ paśyati, sa buddhaṁ paśyati