RE: Submitting Proposals (was: Re: Proposal to include CE Mark)

From: Erkki I. Kolehmainen (eik@iki.fi)
Date: Sat May 09 2009 - 06:51:03 CDT

    Michael,

    As you are well aware, I (we) have wittnessed both expertise and lack of it
    in both the WG2 meetings and at the UTC (although I've never attended any
    UTC meeting). I did not intend to imply that expertise would be concentrated
    in the UTC as opposed to WG2.

    However, since WG2 solely decides what will go out to the National Bodies
    for ballot, it is often beneficial for this decision if a proposal has been
    scrutinized by the UTC eperts. At WG2 there is no automatic acceptance of
    the UTC outcome - nor should there be.

    Sincerely, Erkki

    Erkki I. Kolehmainen
    Tilkankatu 12 A 3, FI-00300 Helsinki, Finland
    Puh. (09) 4368 2643, 0400 825 943; Tel. +358 9 4368 2643, +358 400 825 943