Re: Survey Evaluation of Software Internationalization

From: John Huân Vũ (jvu@calpoly.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 15:42:29 CDT

    Dear Members of the Unicode Consortium:

    My name is John Vu and I'm currently the Unicode/Globalization Software
    Engineering Intern for the ICU Project at IBM. I’m also a graduate student
    in computer science studying at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, California. I’m
    contacting all of you today because I believe my research will be beneficial
    to the Unicode Consortium and the future graduates in computer science and
    software engineering.

    Since the software industry is growing globally, it is important that the
    universities appropriately meet with the industry’s need for software
    internationalization background. Therefore, I would like to ask for the
    industry’s help to evaluate a proposed framework for software
    internationalization education. To that end, I have designed a short, simple
    survey to evaluate the proposed framework.

    If you participate in this survey, this will help universities develop
    appropriate coursework that meets with the industry’s need. I am also happy
    to provide my published results in person or on paper when the study is
    complete. Please, by all means, forward the survey to anyone who might be
    interested.

    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail at
    jvu@calpoly.edu

    The survey and the details regarding the survey can be found at:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=nUK04IMum23w8R9y5_2fKdrQ_3d_3d.

    Sincerely,

    John Vu
    jvu@calpoly.edu |
    www.calpoly.edu/~jvu<http://www.calpoly.edu/%7Ejvu>
    California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California