Re: Property stability policy considered harmful

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jul 09 2009 - 03:34:17 CDT

    What Karl describes is a real concern. But it is not that different from
    many other changes in property assignments for individual characters. If
    your process relies on particular property values for particular
    characters, then you need to add assertions to your database update code
    that trigger when you go to a new version of the Unicode Character Database.

    For "empty" properties, those are easy to detect, and it is good
    practice to have your script report whenever any defined property is empty.

    A./