Re: Wanted: synonyms for Age

From: karl williamson (public@khwilliamson.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 14:50:52 CDT

    I forgot to include the public list as a cc to this, which I am now
    doing, but perhaps it is better, as I realize that I'm confused about
    what reserved means. I thought from NamesList.txt that reserved
    characters were unassigned ones that were never going to be assigned
    because of some constraint on them, such as being place-holders. Like
    the following:

    1D51D <reserved>
            x (black-letter capital z - 2128)

    where the code points around it are assigned, but this one essentially
    duplicates 2128, and so is skipped.

    But in looking at extracted/DerivedGeneralCategory.txt, it appears that
    reserved is any Cn code point that isn't a non-character.