From: Rick McGowan (email@example.com)
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 14:37:30 CDT
We are planning to start data submission for the next version of CLDR
soon, so people can start to coordinate their schedules. The main
milestones for translators are:
* 2009, Oct 02 - data submission starts.
* 2009, Nov 24 - data vetting starts. New data cannot be entered
except to fix problems in submitted data.
* 2010, Jan 01 - data resolution starts. Only technical committee
members can make changes
* 2010, Feb 02 - final candidate available. The data is available as
a "beta" for implementations to test. Only showstoppers are fixed after
* 2010, Mar 10 - target release date
Translators will be asked to translate new terms, to extend the coverage
of locales (translating terms that were not previously translated), and
review other's proposed changes. We are also planning to have a new
"Wizard" approach as an alternative method of data entry, so that people
can walk through the data in a more targeted and organized way.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Fri Aug 21 2009 - 14:40:44 CDT