Re: [indic] Use of ZWJ to form Sinhala Conjuncts

From: Vinodh Rajan (vinodh.vinodh@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 23 2009 - 22:54:06 CDT

    On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 6:43 AM, Harshula <harshula@gmail.com> wrote:

    > BTW, the sequence you have written does not map to the actual Unicode
    > Sinhala string that you have included, but it conveys your point.

    Yeah. I noticed that I missed a few letters. Anyways it was meant to
    illustrate the usage of two ZWJ. :-)

    //Yes they do. There are three graphical forms for some consonant clusters:
    1) Separate letters (<C1><C2>)
    2) Conjuncts (<C1><VIRAMA><ZWJ><C2>)
    3) Touching letters (<C1><ZWJ><VIRAMA><C2>)//

    I suppose Malithi Web does not support these additional conjuncts & touching
    letters. I can only get ra,ya conjuncts correctly in Malithi Web using ZWJ.

    Are these any fonts which support these ?

    Another Question:

    Which is more common in actual usage: the conjunct ra-ya or the non-conjuct
    ra-ya ?

    Thanks for the reply