Request clarification on disunification based on different character properties

From: Shriramana Sharma (samjnaa@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 23:19:42 CDT

    Hello. Again the disunification question. P 29 of the P&P document:

    <quote>If a character disunification cannot be achieved by adding one
    new character without requiring a change in very significant properties
    of the existing character and without changing the representative glyph
    or range of expected glyphs for the existing character, then new
    characters will be added for each of the distinct, specific letterforms
    required.</quote>

    This positively confuses me. The text IMHO could have been clearer.

    I understand: "If a proposed character that would disunify an existing
    character differs from the existing character in very significant
    properties, and the prevention of disunification would be only possible
    by changing those significant properties of the existing character, then
    that disunification is permitted".

    Correct?

    --
    Shriramana Sharma