Re: Unicode Haiku Contest

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 05:24:55 CDT

    Our office sent in 6 entries, Mark, all composed in strict accordance
    with the rules of haiku, which amount to much more than counting
    syllables! Number 5 of those you posted to the list today observe the
    rules of Haiku (not given on the unicode contest site), but the first 4
    break them. For a true judgment, we need a judge who speaks Japanese,
    breathes poetry, brings to the job a head full of haikus of strict
    observance and has never written an advertising jingle.
    :-)

    A proverb to bear in mind: "The less important the prize, the fiercer
    the contest".
    mg

    --
    Marion Gunn * eGteo (Estab.1991)