Re: superscript decimal character

From: Jukka K. Korpela (jkorpela@cs.tut.fi)
Date: Sat Oct 17 2009 - 12:08:42 CDT

    Adam Bruss wrote:

    > Is there a superscript decimal point character for showing fractional
    > exponents as real numbers?

    No. If there were, it would in practice appear in the SUPERSCRIPTS AND
    SUBSCRIPTS block, but it isn't there. There is SUPERSCRIPT FULL STOP defined
    in the Adobe glyph list, but it has not been encoded in Unicode.

    > For example I'd like to show 0.5 all in superscript. I know how to get
    > the 0 and 5 superscripted but not the decimal point.

    Usually when you want to use such expressions, you are not writing plain
    text but e.g. using a word processor or a publishing program or creating a
    web page. In those cases, you can use "higher level protocols" to specify
    superscripts.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/