Re: This just in

From: William_J_G Overington (wjgo_10009@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 09 2010 - 04:06:06 CST

    I found the following on the web.

    http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_fromCharCode.asp

    Clicking on the Try it yourself button leads to the following page.

    http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.asp?filename=tryjsref_fromcharcode

    I managed to get the example of rolling a 6-sided die working and then I managed to get the example of the random choice from seven types of recyclable plastic working as well.

    I ran the program several times and copied each result to SC UniPad and analysed it using the method that I described in my previous post.

    Here is the code for the random choosing of a type of recyclable plastic.

    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write(String.fromCharCode(0x2673+Math.floor(Math.random()*7)));
    </script>

    William Overington