Re: Quick Question About Korean Input Methods

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Sun Jan 10 2010 - 03:44:33 CST

    -On [20100110 08:31], verdy_p (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr) wrote:
    >For this example you don't need to type any syllable separation marker if
    >you type Hangul vowels directly without "decomposing" them into their Latin
    >transliteration. A and AE are distinct vowels in Hangul, typed differently.
    >The same is true for U and EU.

    [snip whole explanation]

    I thought I was clear on the fact that I was not talking about a Korean
    layout input, but rather a Latin-based one akin to what Japanese IMEs do
    with hiragana entry (i.e. type ta and get hiragana た). If not, my apoligies
    for not getting the point across in my previous 2 emails.

    So in that sense gaeul vs gaeul is ambiguous and needs an explicit syllable
    marker. There's at least one open source IME (UIM) that supports Korean
    entry like this.

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    When you understand one thing through and through you understand everything...