Re: Aramaic speech and script

From: Raymond Mercier (rm459@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 22 2010 - 12:09:57 CST

    Further to the video clip of Syria and Aramaic script:
    I have been in contact with the Guardian and with the author of the clip,
    and I learn that the photograph of the Palmyran "inscription" was taken in
    his hotel room in Aleppo (!), where it was part of the ceiling decoration.
    He said he will look through his other photos to discover if there is
    anything further like that, since it would be nice to see the rest of it. He
    suggested it was based on an object in the Museum in Aleppo.

    Raymond Mercier