Re: starters and non-starters

From: vanisaac@boil.afraid.org
Date: Wed Feb 03 2010 - 13:40:28 CST

    From: spir (denis.spir@free.fr)
    Date: Wed Feb 03 2010 - 05:19:45 CST

    > What I meant is: is it legal to encode a "user-perceived character" in really
    > great disorder, eg with a combining mark following what obviously is the base
    > character. In the example, having the <dot above> come first. I interpret
    > your answers meaning no, it's illegal.

    You are correct. If you consider cannonical reordering in the form of a bubble
    sort, a ccc=0 would indicate that a character cannot trade with another. Given
    that a combining sequence is in the form of a base character, followed by
    combining characters, it means that you cannot legally reorder a combining
    character followed by the base character into a proper combining sequence by
    alogorithm.

    -Van