Re: [unicode] KANNADA FONTS

From: mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Date: Thu Feb 18 2010 - 11:33:27 CST

    Hi,

    On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:28:39 -0800
    "V. M. Kumaraswamy" <ekavivmk@gmail.com> wrote:
    >How many KANNADA Language Fonts are in UNICODE ? Can we get a list of them
    >please ?

    Are you asking for the name of the font(s) which used to print
    the code chart for Kannada script? I guess Unicode does not
    collect any fonts for any scripts. In Unicode, there are so many
    scripts that requires complex text layout system and each layout
    systems require (slightly-)different font formats. I propose you
    to describe more detail about what you want to do by the list,
    some experts will give appropriate info.

    >Does UNICODE Consortium has a committee for KANNADA Language from Karnataka
    >State, INDIA.

    Unicode consortium has a group of Indic scripts experts, but I
    don't know there is a fixed group for specific script. Please
    check Indic scripts experts discussion via http://unicode.org/~emuller/iwg/#5

    Regards,
    mpsuzuki