RE: Arabic aleph representation of glyphs

From: CE Whitehead (cewcathar@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2010 - 19:55:12 CST

    Hi, thanks that was really nice of you to right back to me. Andreas.
    Ǟ Ǟ ž ž Ȟ Ȟ Ȟ Ȟ ʞ ʞ ˞ ˞ ̞ ̞ ͞ ͞
    Ξ Ξ Ϟ Ϟ О О ў ў Ҟ Ҟ Ӟ Ӟ Ԟ Ԟ ՞ ՞
    ֞ ֞ ؞ ؞ ٞ ٞ ڞ ڞ ۞ ۞ ݞ ݞ ޞ ޞ ߞ ߞ
    Ǟ Ǟ ɞ ɞ

    Re: Arabic aleph representation of glyphs
    From: Andreas Prilop (prilop4321@trashmail.net)
    Date: Tue Mar 09 2010 - 11:06:04 CST

    Andreas was right!
    On the page, the only display problems I saw were for the medial forms of 'm' and 'n;' but when I changed the font to traditional Arabic font--or else to Tahoma with Arabic script,
    the display problems disappeared;
    however I still have one question if anyone cares to answer it (I realize I don't know this stuff well enough),

    bizarrely although I could see that the encoding for Raymond's text file seemed to be some form of Unicode
    I could not view the source characters but only a series of ? marks and when I tried to save these I saw that the encoding was changed to ansi;
    thus I still believe that some character confused my browser/notepad;
    I still tend to support Raymond on this.

    (Normally I have no problems getting unicode source code)

    See below:

    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??

    Thanks!
    (I have IE 7 not IE 6 so I was surprised; I expected the characters to all download readily
    . . . apparently not and I don't understand this but since everything is fine in another font I guess I can't figure why)

    Thanks for all your help with this!

    Best,

    C. E. Whitehead
    cewcathar@hotmail.com