RE: Arabic aleph representation of glyphs

From: CE Whitehead (cewcathar@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2010 - 19:55:12 CST

    Hi, thanks that was really nice of you to right back to me. Andreas.
    Çž žÇž žÇ ž žÂž žÂ Èž žÈž žÈ Èž žÈž žÈ Êž žÊž žÊ Ëž žËž žË Ìž žÌž žÌ Íž žÍž žÍ
    Ξ žÎž žÎ Ïž žÏž žÏ О žÐž žÐ Ñž žÑž žÑ Òž žÒž žÒ Óž žÓž žÓ Ôž žÔž žÔ Õž žÕž žÕ
    Öž žÖž žÖ Øž žØž žØ Ùž žÙž žÙ Úž žÚž žÚ Ûž žÛž žÛ Ýž žÝž žÝ Þž žÞž žžÞ ßž žßž žß
    áž žáž žá áÇž žáÇž žáÇ ãž žãž žã äž žäž žä åž žåž žå Éž žÉž žÉ æž žæž žæ íž žíž
    ží ìž žìž žì

    Re: Arabic aleph representation of glyphs
    From: Andreas Prilop (prilop4321@trashmail.net)
    Date: Tue Mar 09 2010 - 11:06:04 CST

    Andreas was right!
    On the page, the only display problems I saw were for the medial forms of 'm' and 'n;' but when I changed the font to traditional Arabic font--or else to Tahoma with Arabic script,
    the display problems disappeared;
    however I still have one question if anyone cares to answer it (I realize I don't know this stuff well enough),

    bizarrely although I could see that the encoding for Raymond's text file seemed to be some form of Unicode
    I could not view the source characters but only a series of ? marks and when I tried to save these I saw that the encoding was changed to ansi;
    thus I still believe that some character confused my browser/notepad;
    I still tend to support Raymond on this.

    (Normally I have no problems getting unicode source code)

    See below:

    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??
    ?? ??? ??

    Thanks!
    (I have IE 7 not IE 6 so I was surprised; I expected the characters to all download readily
    . . . apparently not and I don't understand this but since everything is fine in another font I guess I can't figure why)

    Thanks for all your help with this!

    Best,

    C. E. Whitehead
    cewcathar@hotmail.com