[Unicode Announcement] Tracking proposed updates to Unicode technical publications

From: announcements@unicode.org
Date: Sat Apr 10 2010 - 14:38:04 CDT

    To make it easier to find and track proposed updates to Unicode
    technical publications, the editorial committee has made several
    improvements:

        * Proposed updates can be found by a predictable, stable URL
        * This URL is always accessible from the latest approved version of
          the document via a header field titled "Latest Proposed Update".

            For example, if you look at the approved 5.2.0 version of UAX
            #15, Unicode Normalization Forms
            (http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr15/), you'll find at the top
            of the document under "Latest Proposed Update" a link to
            http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr15/proposed.html. That URL
            points to the latest proposed update for UAX #15.

        * If there is currently no proposed update for a document, the URL
          will point to a stub document indicating that there is no current
          proposed update.

    In addition, a predictable, stable URL is used for the modifications
    section within each proposed update. That section summarizes the changes
    that have been made from the previous version. These URLs follow the
    format http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr15/proposed.html#Modifications .

    ----
    All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
    or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
    users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
    this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
    see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements