Re: CJK Ideograph Fragments

From: Uriah Eisenstein (uriaheisenstein@gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 08 2010 - 13:44:59 CDT

    Well,
    I've gone through the policies of submitting new characters and scripts and
    they don't look encouraging :) But neither do they seem to reject the idea
    of character fragments out of hand, as opposed to the reverse case -
    characters which can be expressed using existing characters and combining
    marks. In fact, the CJK Radicals Supplement block and the Hangul Jamo both
    contain character fragments, in a way. But I suppose these already existed
    in national standards rather than introduced by Unicode.

    In any case, examples I've seen of proposals cite experts and provide font
    makers, neither of whom I have contact with. So I guess I'll drop it for
    now, and hope that if someone takes it up I'll see it on the mailing list.

    Thanks,
    Uriah