Re: Language info for U+1E1C and U+1E1D

From: Jonathan Pool (pool@utilika.org)
Date: Wed May 12 2010 - 19:33:06 CDT

    > Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 09:21:25 +0930
    > From: Kevin Brown <graphity@adelaide.on.net>
    > Subject: Language info for U+1E1C and U+1E1D
    >
    > Can anyone tell me which languages the characters U+1E1C and U+1E1D appear
    > in? (LATIN CAPITAL LETTER E WITH CEDILLA AND BREVE, LATIN SMALL LETTER
    > E WITH CEDILLA AND BREVE).
    >
    > Is there a reliable site on the web where one can look up this information?

    The PanLex site, in development, isn't yet reliable, but it does provide information of that kind. Go to:

    http://panlex.org/u

    and enter:

    eng-000 English
    begin
    expression-translation/see
    language-every

    Then enter the character you want and select "part".

    You'll get a list of all lemmata in the database that contain the character, ordered by language. (You can do the same with character sequences.)

    In the cases of the above characters, it finds no lemmata. For U+1ecb (LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH DOT BELOW) it finds Ibo, Vietnamese, Ekpeye, Geser-Gorom, and (in borrowings) other languages.
    ˉ